Friday, January 16, 2009

Postscript to the Fashion Bubble

Kudos to both Alexander Wang and Saks Fifth Avenue for listening to me (hah, yeah right) and coming up with/selling a diffusion line that is vastly more affordable than the "real thing". Sure, T by Alexander Wang is still expensive (particularly for what it is), but $85 for the simple black dress (below left) is far more likely to appeal to budget-conscious fashionistas than the $651 version (below right) in his regular line (both available at Saks). I've never been a big fan of Mr. Wang's (too rumpled, I could get the same thing at American Apparel for next to nothing, etc.), but this is a good start.

2 comments:

Jody Harrington said...

The shoes on that model are totally heinous! I don't know why the cheaper dress doesn't have the more flattering "V" neckline.

Averill said...

I agree -- the v-neck is more flattering. But perhaps that's what you get for an extra $500?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails